Monday 18 May 2015

Can jewellery be Vegan?!

We make other things too - not just cosmetics. (Surely it's never JUST cosmetics though, am I right?)

Our website is full of jewellery and accessories - it's how we started out. The cosmetics has been a natural progression, it just kinda happened. Making jewellery was our first step. And just when I think maybe I should scale back the jewellery, or separate them into two separate businesses - I realise how often people buy from both areas.

I always get excited when I look at orders, because it's always nice to see which products are flying on any particular day. And often, you guys really mix it up - buying a lip balm, some earrings and a nail varnish, maybe.

Necklace £5.99
I can't blame you though, this stuff is pretty cool! And I guess we can call it Vegan, since no animal bits n bobs are used at any step along the way. It just feels strange - if it's made out of metal and plastic, how could it NOT be Vegan?

I suppose it's more about enhancing our brand. People know we do super cool Vegan cosmetics - we need to make it clear that EVERYTHING we make is obviously Vegan too. And we only ever make things that we think look cool, and a bit different. So perhaps it wouldn't be a good idea to separate out these two parts - they're like two sides of the Fairypants coin.

And you guys seem to like it that way! xox

Earrings £3.49

No comments:

Post a Comment